About the Role
Are you passionate about digital experience and find yourself in thought-provoking conversations about connecting people with content? If your middle name is Sales and have been working as an Account Director or similar Senior Sales position, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for! Silverstripe has a global presence through our open source CMS and is a growing New Zealand company working with organisations across Aotearoa.
At Silverstripe, we create compelling experiences for people online using creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Making the complex simple in the digital world doesn’t just involve tech—it involves teams filled with determined people working to improve the lives of those around them.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Accounts Director is responsible for growing Silverstripe’s professional services and platform revenue. You will work with a close knit Sales team to execute on Sales initiatives, whilst ensuring that learnings, ideas, tools, and wins are shared and learned from across the Sales and Marketing business unit. This role is based in Wellington with flexible and remote working available. This role is base salary + OTE. OTE is not included above.
What will I be doing?
The Account Director works to improve Silverstripe’s market position and achieve annual growth targets. You will be managing multiple client relationships to propose solutions that meet or exceed clients’ expectations. Prospecting and identifying new opportunities is a core part of the role, so you will need to be more than comfortable working in an agile environment.
We’re looking for people who:
- are strong advocates for clients within Silverstripe and facilitates conversations internally to educate on customer needs and wants
- can communicate effectively with a wide-range of stakeholders to build cross-functional relationships – interpersonal skills are a must
- pick up technical and product information quickly including but not limited to complex Agile led bespoke products, managed Platform, and Code Care.
- work under pressure and maintain effective working relationships with wide range of personalities across a complex organisation
- can develop project management and business writing skills to ensure that large RFP’s are shared, collated and then put together with a tailored message for the client – excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
What will I need to be successful?
- Previous experience exceeding high value sales targets over a number of years, in an Account Director or similar senior sales role
- A track record in building relationships with C-suite level contacts and can confidently lead presentations and client meetings
- Thorough understanding of web design, development, hosting and project management approaches
- Previous experience using CRM, Salesforce and/or other reporting tool
- Confidence in negotiating and managing complex sales in large organisations
- Experience in IT or ICT (technology/Digital) service industry (desirable)
At Silverstripe, we are passionate and working towards creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our DEI Employee Led Network (‘All Stripes’) work together to improve current practices to raise awareness and ensure our people feel valued and included.
We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of Honesty over comfort; Adaptability over guarantees; Collaboration over control; Continuous improvement over perfection; and Camaraderie over corporate culture.
Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to Silverstripe and keeps them here. Having fully stocked drinks and food cabinets encourage our Silverstripers to kōrero (talk) over kai (food) and kawhe (coffee)! You will get the chance to discover how great our people (and chat!) are through our regular lunch and learns, or perhaps a snack and stream may be up your alley? Oh did we mention Innovation week? Well, that’s an up and comer you do not want to miss out on.
Excited about the opportunity after reading the above? Apply now and tell us how you can develop alluring sales pitches and build relationships with our high-profile clients, based both nationally and internationally. All applications must be submitted through the Silverstripe website or by visiting silverstripe.workable.com. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.