Community & Business Associate
This role will support Emma Blomkamp to deliver capability building programs for the public and not-for-profit sectors and a community of practice for design facilitators (CoDesignCo).
- Flexible, remote role (option to meet/work in our Carlton workspace if in Melbourne).
- 6-12 hours per week.
- $45-70/hour AUD/NZD.
- Start June 2023 for an initial 6-month contract.
Who would be ideal in this role?
I need a super well organised and tech savvy person to bring joy and ease to my work by:
- Communicating relevant information with community members, training participants, collaborators and clients;
- Ensuring training and membership platforms and processes are operating smoothly;
- Refining and producing quality communications and training materials.
Please apply if you:
- love a colour-coded spreadsheet, well-documented process, and prioritised task lists.
- are a clear and respectful communicator, who can quickly reply to emails in a friendly, professional tone with minimal typos and errors.
- care about quality and accuracy; and have an eye for detail.
- are already familiar with, or quickly pick up tools like, Notion, Miro and Squarespace.
- are confident setting up and managing digital automations and integrations.
- enjoy finding ways to streamline and improve business and administrative processes.
- have experience working in administration/business support, communications and/or knowledge management in Australia or Aotearoa.
- are honest, reliable, and self-aware.
- are an independent contractor with professional indemnity insurance (and an ABN if in Australia).
It’s not a requirement, but will be a huge bonus, if you…
- have graphic design skills.
- have experience supporting professional development/training/events and/or community membership programs.
- are aware of and interested in social innovation, co-design or systems change.
In this role you could be working on…
CORE WEEKLY TASKS
- Replying to emails from potential and existing clients, members, participants and partners (in a shared Gmail account).
- Onboarding and offboarding members and participants (e.g. on Slack and Notion)
- CRM updates and data entry (Notion database)
- Task management (using Trello and/or Notion)
CORE OCCASIONAL TASKS
- Course registrations: managing ticketing/sales, participant registration and communications (via Squarespace/TryBooking, Notion, Google Workspace)
- Event coordination (setting up and managing ticketing; registrations and communications; managing timelines and tasks with co-facilitators)
- Invoicing and account management (using Stripe, Quickbooks or Xero)
- Membership and training web page updates (Notion and Squarespace)
- Newsletter formatting/ uploading, and mailing list exports (Squarespace and Notion)
- Managing and setting up automations (via Zapier)
- Developing, reviewing and offering feedback on content and communications
- Formatting/refining presentation slides and event/training/marketing materials (e.g. on PowerPoint and Miro/Jamboard)
- Documenting, reviewing and recommending business process and system improvements.
OPTIONAL RESPONSIBILITES (based on your interests and experience)
- Marketing/social media coordination and support (esp. on LinkedIn)
- Reviewing and reporting on analytics (e.g. website, newsletters) and/or survey responses
- Online facilitation support (e.g. Zoom and Jamboard assistance during Co-Design in Complex Systems).
The tasks and shape of the contract are open to negotiation and may vary over time. When applying, let us know which of the above you’re capable of and interested in. We’ll be happy to shape the role to suit your strengths, interests and capacity, as long as the core tasks can be completed regularly.
FOR MORE INFO:
Check out our websites: emmablomkamp.com and codesignco.space.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete this form (to which you can attach your CV or LinkedIn profile/website and a note of introduction), to express your interest in the role by Sunday 4 June 2023.
Emma will start contacting shortlisted applicants from late May to set up an interview in early June (so apply sooner if you can!).