Ko mātou tēnei – our organisation
At One New Zealand, our purpose is to unlock the magic of technology to create an awesome Aotearoa. We’re focusing on investing more into simpler and better products and services, to make things even better for New Zealanders.
We are also proudly Rainbow Tick certified and champion diversity of thought, perspective and background. We offer a friendly and open environment with leading flexible working practices that help people maintain a personal and professional balance that works for them and their whānau.
Uia mai koe te pātai, he aha te mea nui o tēnei ao? Māku koe e kii atu he tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
“If you asked me, what is the greatest thing in this world, I would say it is people, it is people, it is people.”
Ko tō tūranga – your role
This role will be responsible for defining exceptional customer experiences for existing and new customer journeys! Our CX Designer will develop a deep understanding of our customer needs and use Human Centered Design tools to solve customer problems and improve customer outcome metrics e.g. Net Promoter Score (NPS).
This role will provide a fantastic opportunity to get exposure across a diverse range of exciting and ambitious projects at an organizational wide level! You will work alongside experts in the field using your strong core design skills to influence, advise and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver high quality outputs that will be crucial in ensuring that we deliver amazing experiences for our One NZ customers.
Ko tō mahi – what you’ll do
- Put customer experience at the heart of what we do, working as part of cross-functional teams to design and develop customer-centric propositions. Advocate for a customer centric approach in all initiatives.
- Use Human Centred Design tools to design and iterate world class digital first experiences that achieve the best mix of desirable, feasible and viable.
- Contribute to the design approach for an initiative. Be proficient in a range of design methodologies, plan design sprint activities, actively contribute to workshops, ideation and findings sessions.
- Source and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to form understanding of existing experience, develop a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Employ a range of research techniques for customer, employee and stakeholder research.
- Define experiences so they can be implemented across channels. Create high quality design artefacts so that customer problem, approach, insights and design elements are clearly understandable by business owners.
Na tōu rourou – what you’ll bring
- Experience in translating customer insights to digital-first design using Human Centered Design tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to facilitate workshops across multiple teams.
- Ability to understand customer and business value drivers and make effective data driven decisions to achieve outcomes.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to manage stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to communicate, visualise, and present concepts and outputs effectively.
- Experience completing qualitative and quantitative customer research.
Nā mātou te rourou – what you’ll get
- One New Zealand is leading the way by ensuring you can have a truly balanced life. Most roles allow flexibility to work from home and flex your hours to enjoy work & family commitments.
- A fully subsidised Southern Cross health insurance cover for you and your family.
- 4% KiwiSaver employer contribution, an extra 1% more than the statutory minimum.
- Laptop, unlimited data plan, market leading cell-phone for business or personal use.
- Lifestyle leave where you can purchase an extra week or two of annual leave.
- Discounts on One New Zealand products, services and much more!
At One New Zealand, we have a clear purpose to unlock the magic of technology to create an awesome Aotearoa. We’ve got Heart, showing up as our best selves in every situation. We have the Grit to deliver a radically better world for our customers. We embrace the Freedom to shape the future, creating a more progressive, more inclusive Aotearoa.
Joining the One New Zealand whānau will stretch you, challenge you and provide opportunities you’ve been seeking to expand your career. You’ll engage in unique workplace experiences, be exposed to exciting and innovative technology, and gain opportunities for learning beyond Aotearoa.
Tū hikitia rā, tū hāpainga. Tū hāpainga, tū hikitia rā.
We stand to uplift, to support and to elevate others