Graduate Intake: New Professionals Program
Applications are now open for New Zealand Steel and Pacific Steel’s 2023/24 intake into the New Professionals Program.
New Zealand Steel, a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueScope, manufactures and markets a range of flat rolled steel products for the building, construction, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. You may know us for our flagship COLORSTEEL® brand. COLORSTEEL® has been trusted to protect the places Kiwis live, work and play for over 40 years.
What is the New Professionals Program?
We offer recent graduates permanent positions packed with personal and professional development opportunities, exposure to a range of exciting placement rotations and training to enhance your skills while under the mentorship of a network of experienced industry professionals. Our program offers practical and meaningful work experiences with real responsibilities and opportunities to apply your degree in a supportive environment.
As one of the biggest single site employers in New Zealand, we have opportunities for eager graduates to get the best possible start in their new career across a range of disciplines including, but not limited to:
- Engineering – Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical and Materials and Data Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources and more.
Given the scale of our business, we can flex our program to suit you and your career goals.
What’s in it for you?
We offer the following:
- Competitive starting salaries and six-monthly reviews for your first five years
- A generous discretionary bonus scheme (uncapped)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Policies that support families and work-life balance including additional leave entitlements such as sick leave, domestic leave, parental leave and 5 weeks of Annual Leave after completing 3 years’ service
- Access to mentors who are nationally recognised in their field
- A workplace like no other, plus on-site parking, cafeteria and medical centre.
- Salary: $64,000 + 3% KiwiSaver + 15% annual bonus (target)
We believe kei a tātou tangata te mana (our people are our strength), so diversity and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but integral to our success. Our commitment to D&I is at the core of Our Bond. We believe that every employee deserves equal respect, dignity, and opportunities, and that by creating a work environment where our people are safe, motivated and inspired, we will achieve our vision together to strengthen our communities for the future.
What are we looking for?
Having a tertiary qualification in your chosen field is only part of the picture. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate, committed, collaborative, great communicators and teammates who want to contribute to a diverse and inclusive environment and help us achieve Our Purpose: to create and inspire smart solutions in steel and to strengthen our communities for the future.
Our program is also open to candidates returning to work following a career break.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand at the time of application.
- short-listed candidates will be asked to complete an online, pre-recorded video interview (and for some roles, a psychometric test) so we can get to know you while working around your busy schedule.
- selected candidates will progress to an interview (face-to-face or can be held virtually) so we can discuss this opportunity together and we can answer any questions you may have. We plan to hold these in April-May.
- we intend to start making offers from May onward with start dates that work for you!
If you encounter any accessibility barriers to our standard recruitment process, please reach out to NZSRecruitment@bluescopesteel.com so we can support you to participate equitably in our recruitment and selection process.