Organic Certification Team Member
Organic Certification Assessor
The roles will be reporting to a manager who is highly passionate about mental health and wellbeing.
What will you be doing?
- Talking with lots of customers from the primary sector on the phone and helping them get answers on organic certification
- Helping customers with their applications and with their audit documentation
- Email – answering customer queries on what inputs they can use.
- Reviewing registered products for approval in organic agriculture
- Reviewing audit reports to identify missing information
- Making certification decisions
- Updating the customers’ online profiles to give permission to use a particular product or adding new paddocks or orchards
- Achieving MPI Assessor Signatory status in the first 3 – 6 months
- Working to deadline pressure with a smile
- Representing BioGro at Fieldays and other events in full organic regalia
- Be based in our Wellington office (not a remote position)
- Verifying applications for organic exports.
- Following the organic certification process for reviewing plant and livestock production applications
- Contributing in group discussions with key stakeholders
- Working with the BioGro team to improve internal processes
You will have experience or qualifications from the following:
- Degree in horticulture or primary industry experience in dairy, livestock, kiwifruit, pipfruit, viticulture or cropping.
- Degree in food science or industry experience in food processing.
- Experience working with organic production
- Understanding of organic certification
- Understanding of ACVM registration for veterinary medicines, agricultural chemicals and vertebrate toxic agents.
Does this sound like a way you would like to support sustainable regenerative organic agriculture? If so, please apply with us. Our team is diverse and our office is full of interesting people and excellent coffee (and tea).
Who are we?
BioGro New Zealand Ltd. is an organic certifier in New Zealand. We are registered charity. We live in Digital Nomads in Clyde Quay wharf in Wellington. Over 1900 organic operations throughout New Zealand and the Pacific rely on us for their organic certification. Founded in 1983 we certify most of the organic operations in New Zealand. You can find out more about us on our website https://www.biogro.co.nz/
Please use the Hire Her system to apply for this job.
- Please submit a cover letter explaining why you want to work at BioGro.
- Please attach a CV
- Please mention when you would be available to start.
- Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed] [link removed]