Amazing Opportunity – Part Time Web Designer
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career path and to really take ownership of a successfully thriving business to become partner and co-owner.
I’d be looking at hiring this person initially for 1.5 – 3 days a week. Based on workload and availability this would change accordingly.
Looking for someone based in Sydney to come work with me in the office based in Manly.
THE ROLE – OVERALL
I am looking to bring someone on to help run my small web design & graphic design business. Flow Cre8tive supports small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs in getting their digital presence set up (Websites, Social Profiles, Google Business Profiles) while also supporting them both from a technical guidance and branding perspective. 90% of my clients are individuals that don’t know what to do, how to start and where to even begin so a large part of what I offer them is support, guidance and structure to help them create their plan to get themselves up and running as a business.
This individual will need to be experienced in web design but also have a proactive mindset with a problem-solving attitude that will be able to have conversations with potential client’s and be able to talk them through what their options are.
A jack-of-all-trades with industry expertise & customer management skills, this person will need to be able to effectively manage their own projects while also feeding back and managing external freelancers.
I would be happy to guide, mentor and coach this individual on the wider business skills but would need the person to be proficient at web design to be able to support me in taking on their own projects.
This position is an opportunity to build this role and business into whatever they want it to be. The intention is within 6 – 12 months for this role to become a full time position so that I can free up some time to focus on some other business ventures.
THE DAY TO DAY:
- Acquaint themselves with the current SOP (standard operating procedures) & advise on better ways of working, if needed to best suit the business to optimise it for growth.
- Followup leads and generate quotes
- Update budgets and pipeline forecasts
- Manage social media VA – review scheduled posts, guide on strategy for next set of creative and schedule review meetings with me.
- Management of projects, to make sure they stay on schedule. This includes the management of external contractors and personal web design projects.
- Create SOW for new clients from templates provided
- Create invoices for clients from templates provided
- Outsource when needed. This includes finding the resource if current contractors are at capacity.
THE WEB DESIGN PART:
I will need someone who is proficient in web design to be able to not only manage resources but also get on the tools and design. This will entail creating the design and layout of a website or web pages on platforms such as Wix, WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace. They do not need to be skilled at all these platforms but will need to know at least one of them very well to be able to deliver projects that they will be responsible for.
This role is not a web developer role, but they will need to be very competent and skilled in what is required to create a well-designed and optimised website.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- creating website designs
- producing sample sites
- meeting with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- demonstrating and receiving feedback about draft sites
- keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments
- creating products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- Managing designers & developers:
- Design feedback
- Website testing
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Takes pride in everything they do. Sloppy work is the pits. Pays attention to details.
- Has a sound understanding of design, specifically to web design
- Analytical, problem solving & proactive ability and mindset.
- Has good communication skills both on the phone and written.
- Technically savvy. This role is not a dev role but understanding how technology works and the fundaments on connecting domains etc is needed. I use an array of dashboards, google docs and sheets to manage projects and pipelines. So someone who knows their way around the computer would be great.
- Basic SEO knowledge (Fundamentals of how a site should be set up to perform well with the current content)
- Bonus: Experience of using programs such as PhotoShop and InDesign
- Bonus: UX design experience