Security Operations Engineer
Ko mātou tēnei – our organisation
At One New Zealand, our purpose is to unlock the magic of technology to create an awesome Aotearoa. We’re focusing on investing more into simpler and better products and services, to make things even better for New Zealanders.
We are also proudly Rainbow Tick certified and champion diversity of thought, perspective and background. We offer a friendly and open environment with leading flexible working practices that help people maintain a personal and professional balance that works for them and their whānau.
Uia mai koe te pātai, he aha te mea nui o tēnei ao? Māku koe e kii atu he tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
“If you asked me, what is the greatest thing in this world, I would say it is people, it is people, it is people.”
Ko tō tūranga – your role
Reporting to the Security DevOps Team Lead, as a Security Operations Engineer you’ll be a highly motivated and technically confident individual, with excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, as well as a strong desire for improvement and self-development.
As Security Operations Engineer, you’ll be accountable for maintaining a secure and highly available environment for our managed security clients, services, and core infrastructure; working across a range of network infrastructure and security technologies and supporting some of our biggest customers with their security operations.
Within the role, you’ll gain experience working to support a number of critical projects including Firewall upgrades, Load Balancer migrations and SOAR & SIEM deployments to name a few, and over time you’ll have the opportunity to progress into more Security Design work, designing and implementing our security platforms and services for internal and external customers.
Ko tō mahi – what you’ll do
- Lead incident and change management activities for internal and external customers
- Design and implement complex changes across a range of security products and services
- Create accurate and simple documentation to support business processes
- Develop and support procedures, processes, and code to increase the efficiency and capability of the security functions
- Demonstrate leadership and ownership of service delivery
- Perform effective knowledge sharing and support of team members
Na tōu rourou – what you’ll bring
- Demonstrable experience working within a related or similar role – i.e. Network Operations, Security Operations, Network Engineering, Network & Security Design
- Proficient in Check Point Firewall, Fortinet, and Cisco routing and switching technologies
- Experience in operating and maintaining load balancers, proxies, and other networking infrastructure in a security environment
- Familiar with Cloud security concepts, AWS & Azure security tools, and containerisation
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and outside business hours
- Empathy and tolerance toward clients and colleagues
Other additional nice-to-have skills include experience working within DevSecOps practices and delivery environments, as well as experience in operate, build and design with the following vendors’ security products: Bluecoat, Check Point, F5, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Zscaler, Symantec, Cisco, Juniper.
Nā mātou te rourou – what you’ll get
- One New Zealand is leading the way by ensuring you can have a truly balanced life. Most roles allow flexibility to work from home and flex your hours to enjoy work & family commitments.
- A fully subsidised Southern Cross health insurance cover for you and your family.
- 4% KiwiSaver employer contribution, an extra 1% more than the statutory minimum.
- Paid parental leave: Primary carers get 22 weeks of salary top-ups plus 26 days of paid leave upon return, with secondary carers receiving a matching 26 days allowance.
- Laptop, unlimited data plan, market leading cell-phone for business or personal use.
- Lifestyle leave where you can purchase an extra week or two of annual leave.
- Discounts on One New Zealand products, services and much more!
At One New Zealand, we have a clear purpose to unlock the magic of technology to create an awesome Aotearoa. We’ve got Heart, showing up as our best selves in every situation. We have the Grit to deliver a radically better world for our customers. We embrace the Freedom to shape the future, creating a more progressive, more inclusive Aotearoa.
Joining the One New Zealand whānau will stretch you, challenge you and provide opportunities you’ve been seeking to expand your career. You’ll engage in unique workplace experiences, be exposed to exciting and innovative technology, and gain opportunities for learning beyond Aotearoa.
Tū hikitia rā, tū hāpainga. Tū hāpainga, tū hikitia rā.
We stand to uplift, to support and to elevate others.