Technical Business Analyst
DIGITAL LIGHTHOUSE – DIGITAL LIGHTHOUSE /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG Digital Lighthouse is comprised of several specialist chapters who combine to design, deliver, and operate cutting edge digital solutions on a variety of architectures, supporting our cross-sector clients to digitally transform their organisations and thrive on a global scale. We are a passionate, inclusive, and supportive team who care about our clients, our people, and the work we do. Join us today and accelerate your digital career with KPMG.
To be eligible for this opportunity through HIRE HER, it is important to apply using the provided link. We will then assess your resume, conduct a quick screening, and maintain consistent communication with applicants throughout the hiring process. https://jobs.lever.co/kpmgnz/a8cd3075-d72c-438e-9f6f-5fa5bc0382be?agencyId=3581b1c5-7226-4cb2-adc5-23ff9ccbb3b1
- The role of the Technical Business Analyst is to work with the business to improve processes and systems, assisting KPMG to become more efficient, cost effective, agile, and competitive.
- This includes analysing business requirements, creating technical specifications, maintaining product documentation, and working closely with cross functional teams of both a business and technical nature.
Day to day you will:
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to input to product vision, goals, and requirements
- Develop and maintain product specification documentation including documentation of data models, and documentation of systems and their linkages to the Enterprise Architecture.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical requirements documentation, including use cases, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional specifications for software development teams.
- Conduct and participate in requirements validation and testing, ensuring that the developed solution meets defined requirements and quality standards.
- Assist in the prioritization of product backlog items and contribute to release and sprint planning.
- Monitor project progress and provide regular status updates to the Product Manager and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge and connections.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with various stakeholders to support and champion continuous improvement at KPMG.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in business analysis, with exposure to technical or software development environments.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum or Waterfall software development methodologies.
- Experience in translating business requirements into functional and non-functional specifications.
- Experience in creating wireframes and prototype imagery.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including development, QA, and product management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Good understanding of business analysis tools and techniques, such as process modelling and data flow diagrams.
- Experience with, or exposure to, project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence & Monday.com.
- Interest in staying current with industry standards, best practices, and emerging trends in business analysis and software development.
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm’s annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your ‘home hub’ set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family’s overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applica