Senior Systems Engineer
Who we are
At Brightly, we’re on a mission to revolutionise IT strategies, considering innovation, efficiency, security, and sustainable growth in every solution. We’ve re-humanised IT support to provide our customers with a responsive, personalised approach.
This broad technical role focuses on helping Brightly deliver industry leading solutions to our client base across Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service, managed network and security services and technology support.
What do we offer?
We’re not just any tech company; we’re B Corp certified and a Toitū Climate Positive organisation committed to positively impacting our customers, staff, community, and the environment. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Training and Development: We invest in your growth.
- Remote Work/Flexible Hours: Work where and when you’re most productive.
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave: Recharge and relax.
- Subsidized Public Transport: Get to work with ease.
- Living Wage Employer: We value our team.
- Community and Fun: Join our vibrant, creative community at GridAKL.
About the Role
As a Senior Systems Engineer at Brightly, you’ll have a pivotal role in designing, deploying, managing, and supporting secure, cutting-edge technology solutions for our diverse customer base. While most clients are cloud-based, some maintain hybrid setups with on-premise infrastructure.
You’ll work closely with a key client, dedicating two days a week to managing their legacy infrastructure. Your experience providing Level 3 support for IT networks, system infrastructure, and associated applications and services will be invaluable. If you have prior experience managing trans-Tasman environments, that’s a definite plus.
In this essential role within our growing company, you’ll also contribute to further improving our cloud infrastructure and security practices. Additionally, you’ll lead critical technical implementations and have opportunities to manage Azure and AWS infrastructure. You’ll play a part in optimising Microsoft 365 and participating in cloud migration projects.
There will be a combination of remote and on-site work with our customers, predominantly within Auckland.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Senior Systems Engineer ready to make a difference, deliver solutions, and support our customers and community. You should have at least 5 years of experience managing Windows Server, virtualisation (VMware and HyperV), local and cloud migrations, firewall and networking, backup systems, Microsoft 365, and Azure Cloud. AWS experience is a bonus.
Technical skills are vital, but we also value great people skills. We’re here to provide training and development opportunities to help you grow and succeed.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Computer Science and five years of equivalent work experience.
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, Microsoft Certifications.
- Expertise in Azure, Microsoft 365, firewall platforms, network analysis, Windows 10/11, MacOS X, Google Workplace, Salesforce
- Bonus skills: AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Project Management, Business Intelligence
Join us in our mission to transform IT services and make a positive impact. Apply today and let’s change the future together! Apply here.