About “Contact Energy”
Contact Energy is one of New Zealand’s largest energy retailer and generators. We generated 7.6 terawatt hours of electricity from hydro, geothermal and gas in the last financial year and have more than 580,000 customers with electricity, gas and broadband connections.
Our vision is to build a better Aotearoa New Zealand by leading New Zealand’s decarbonisation journey. We believe home is the most important place in the world. It’s all part of our long-term vision to create and contribute to a better New Zealand; from the homes and communities we live in, to the land and resources that future generations can enjoy.
You may have seen our ads that talk about ‘its good to be home’ – well part of that brand promise is ensuring our employees have access to a variety of tools and resources that enhance their own home life. We are proud to offer a variety of benefits, including flexibility and access to well-being support, all of which comprise your package with us. We believe it’s not just about the paycheck. At Contact, it’s our way of saying thanks for being part of our success.
Below are a few added extras just for being part of the team.
* Flexibility – we support our people to work how, where and when works the best
* Purchased Leave – you can purchase additional leave and spread the cost throughout the year
* Contact University – our home of learning provides ongoing personal and professional development
* Health and Wellbeing programme including access to Occupational Health support, free flu vaccinations, Employee Support Services provided through Clearhead (often know as EAP)
* ‘Good to be Home’ – annual payment towards your home set up & wellbeing
* Discounts – on Contact Energy products
* Contact Share – our plan which enables you to own Contact Shares
* Suggest the Best – Contact’s employee referral programme
* Health Insurance – free health insurance cover through Southern Cross
* Grow Your Whanau – enhanced Parental Leave policy
* Plus lots of additional corporate discounts.