Benefits that look after you and your whānau. Making a difference for all Kiwi starts with making a difference for our people. Flexibility, growth, challenging and rewarding work – this is Kiwibank. A place where you can belong and thrive – we are as ambitious as we are caring.
We have big ideas and big plans. For you, for Kiwibank and for all Kiwi.
This is us. Where you matter.
We believe in rewarding you with purpose, career progression, and a great package of benefits that look after you and your whānau.
This is us. Where your wellbeing matters.
• Flexibility in how, when and where you work so you can balance work and personal commitments. We recognise
that everyone is different, and what works for one might not work for another.
• Fully subsidised Wellbeing One medical insurance with Southern Cross, as well as complimentary Life and Serious
Illness Trauma Insurance cover to support you if the unexpected happens.
• Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is available any time for you and your whānau, offering support for both personal and work needs.
• Complimentary access to the premium version of the Groove mental wellbeing app as well as Synergy Health, to support your holistic wellbeing.
• Regular virtual wellbeing sessions hosted by health professionals and advocates.
• Modern, inner-city workplaces in our main centres, designed to help you connect with others and do your best work.
This is us. Where you and your whānau matter.
Make time for yourself, your whānau and your community with:
• Four weeks annual leave, increasing to five weeks after five years.
• Four Wellbeing Days for re-charging when you need it – one per quarter.
• Supported leave available when you need it, giving you peace of mind to focus on the things that matter.
This could be sickness, caring for dependents, the death of a pet, or extended bereavement leave if needed.
• Generous parental leave which includes:
• Topping up Government paid parental leave to full salary for 26 weeks.
• A lump sum KiwiSaver payment equating to $50 per week of unpaid leave.
• A $1,000 ‘baby bonus’ for parents.
• Four weeks ‘baby bonus’ leave for primary and secondary carers.
• Five days bereavement leave for the death of a person you’ve had a close association with.
• An annual Better Off Day for you to have a paid day to volunteer in any activity that contributes the community
and/or the environment being better off.
• Up to four weeks paid military leave per year.
• Paid jury service and witness leave.
This is us. Where your growth matters.
We’ll help you build on your strengths and learn new skills with:
• LinkedIn Learning, enabling you to learn whatever, whenever and wherever you like.
• Specialised Leadership and development programmes, for example the Navigator Programme – available to
everyone at Kiwibank – not just people leaders; Banking Simulation – a virtual, collaborative learning programme,
giving insight into making decisions based on a bank’s critical priorities and market conditions.
• Study leave for learning and development or professional development that’s relevant to your role or career aspirations with Kiwibank.
• Te Hoe Ākau – a te reo Māori and Tikanga course, developed with the needs of Kiwibank’s kaimahi – online and available for our people to complete when they like.
• Our commitment to achieving your career aspirations – all roles are openly advertised internally for our people to apply.
• Secondment and project-based opportunities for our people wishing to expand their experience and network.
• ‘Earn while you learn’ support for our frontline team members to attain NZQA qualifications.
This is us. Where rewarding you matters.
A great range of benefits to help you get ahead:
• KiwiSaver contributions are matched by Kiwibank up to 4% for permanent employees.
• Financial assistance to assist you to set up your home office.
• Staff rates for banking including home loan interest rate discounts.
• Discounted rates on the cost of creating or updating your will and/or enduring power of attorney (EPA) using the Public Trust online platform.
• Access to the Marram Trust for healthcare and holiday homes.
• Access to special discounts and deals with a range of great businesses.
• Access to Payroll Giving, making donations and tax credits easier to manage.
This is us. Where you matter.
• Please note, eligibility criteria apply to some of these benefits.
• Kiwibank reserves the right to make changes to its employee benefits at any time at its sole discretion,