BSc - Computer Science
Class Representative of Maths 190/190G - Great Ideas Shaping our World
- One of my most favourite courses in uni which delved into the history of mathematics and how it has shaped the world it is today, which really opened my eyes to the interesting (and not boring!) world of mathematics.
- Facilitated communication between students and staff members.
- Gathered feedback on course and classwork.
Was involved in multiple tech and cultural clubs and societies, the most memorable ones being:
1. Microsoft Student Accelerator
- Lead Marketing Coordinator
2. Robogals Auckland
- Lead Volunteer Programming Tutor
3. Web Development and Consulting Club
- Web Developer for the ASPA Project Event Registration System
- Took a liking towards front-end development due to the creative freedom and visual aspects of programming.
- Learnt agile development processes during weekly meetings with the team where we went over things such as stand up, epics, user stories, tasks and task allocation using agile poker, and development in 2 week sprints. At the end of every sprint we had a retrospective reflection on how we were feeling with our work and happiness :) on what we did well, what didn't go so well, and what needed improvement.
4. Mandarin English Exchange Programme
- Marketing, Graphics & Communications Coordinator
5. Japanese Auckland Meetup+
- Graphic Designer
During my time at uni, I had also participated in a handful of innovation and ideation programmes such as hackathons and entrepreneurial ventures.
1. WDCC x SESA Hackathon 2022
- Theme: "Make boring things FUN!"
- My team made a reading tracker / pomodoro timer web application using React for front-end and Git for version control.
2. Summer Lab 2021
- Language Exchange Mobile App Idea
3. Summer Lab 2020
- Goal Tracker Mobile App Idea