Big design for little budgets
My name is Barbi Larkins. I design things. I am a Christchurch based freelance graphic and web designer with a penchant for good design and a belief that it doesn’t have to be unaffordable for those who need it.
Be Design wants to be your friendly source for graphic and web design. I want to do great stuff for community groups, not-for-profit organisations and small to mid-sized businesses who can’t afford big design firm rates. I like to see businesses take off, and I love for my clients to look good.
Whoever you want to be, I want to be the one to help.
* Click the button to send an offerInvite To Job
Life Journey Medicalhttps://lifejourneymedical.com.au/
Leticia Anne Designshttps://leticiaannedesigns.com.au/
Small Business Planshttp://www.smallbusinessplans.com.au
Loft 33 Dubbohttp://www.loft33dubbo.com.au
Voice of the Martyrs NZhttp://www.vom.org.nz
Patrick Rose Photographyhttp://www.patrickrose.co.nz
Stepping Out Dance Studiohttps://www.steppingoutdance.com.au/
Web and Graphic Designer
I have been a freelance graphic and web designer since starting Be Design (www.want2be.co.nz) in 2013.
I have designed logos, brochures, Word and Powerpoint templates, merchandise packaging, reports, original illustration and social media advertisements, as well as a host of websites on Wordpress, Wix and Shopify.
International clients include:
• Voice of the Martyrs NZ
• Arts Canterbury
• Assent Consulting Group (Sydney, AU)
• Evolve Marketing (Sydney, AU)
• The Creative Offices (Dallas, TX, USA)
Marketing, advertising and communications for regional tennis association.
• Website and social media management, including design and curation of content.
• Design of print and digital assets, including flyers, website and social media banners, handbooks and reports.
• Promotion of sporting events through print and online media.
• Redeveloped the website to increase brand presence and greater usability.
• Increased profile of Facebook page from 97 ‘likes’ to currently 1,300.
• Organisation and promotion of “Love Tennis”, a regional combined club open day involving clubs from Oxford to Ashburton.
• Organisation and promotion of the Canterbury Open.
Graphic design for New Zealand Caterpillar distributor
• Create advertising concept art for print and digital promotional campaigns.
• Design of print and digital assets, including magazine advertisements, signage, catalogues, flyers, web graphics, HP and PX sliders.
• Liase with advertising outlets regarding scheduling and accounts.
• Copywriting of promotional editorial content.
• Organise company presence at trade show events.
• Used advanced Photoshop and Illustrator skills to improve visual impact of parts division advertising.
• Integrated HTML5 web animation software to create PX sliders inhouse as opposed to outsourcing them.
• Designed and created national sales catalogue for used equipment division.
Professional Certificate in Marketing Design
Certificate in Web Design
BA in Commercial Art
Art training specific to commercial applications, including graphic design and illustration.
Barbi was great to work with and problem solved with me to come up with the solutions required.
Highly recommend Barbi. Very knowledgeable on Shopify and extremely efficient. Will definitely use again.