Wordsmith/Social Media Specialist
Hello! I’m Emily – a storyteller, wordsmith and social media expert.
I love working with people who are passionate about what they do and how they do it, but just need a little help to connect with customers and grow their following.
I have experience as a journalist, news and media advisor and social media specialist. People who know me would describe me as hardworking, positive and a bit of a perfectionist. I promise to bring a can-do attitude to your next project.
I can help with:
- Social media – all aspects including content planning and management, scheduling, analytics and strategy.
- Content creation – copywriting, blogging, newsletters, articles.
- PR – including media management.
I can’t wait to hear from you!
* Click the button to send an offerInvite To Job
- Writing, developing and editing stories
- Research and information gathering
- Photographs, video and written content for online
- Covering all areas of news including courts, social issues, health, council
- Blog writing
- Back-up news reader and chief reporter
I covered developments in Christchurch’s education sector for Fairfax Media. I occasionally wrote travel features for Stuff.
Senior Media Advisor
I worked with journalists across New Zealand and overseas to help answer any questions they had in regards to the Christchurch City Council. I supplied them with written answers to their questions and helped facilitate interviews with staff.
I was also responsible for overseeing the Council's social media channels and took the lead on developing a social media strategy so that we could continue to grow our audience and connect with residents. In June 2019 I had my first daughter, returning part time 12 months later. I have since had my second daughter (now 7 months) and I've decided to start freelancing.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) First Class Honours, Media and Communications
Dissertation Title: Changing the Face of Adversity: CTV’s Role in Fostering a Collective Recovery Post-Quake